“Entrepreneurial Capitalism is the Strongest force possible for unleashing human potential” —- Tom Peters
I’ve been where most of you are today—trying to start a small business while sorting through the mountains of information and resources that attempt to tell us what we must do to get started.
Hi, my name is Bob Foster and I created this site as a portal to the information and resources I have identified, or created, over time that can help you start and run a successful smaller small business (see my bio on the About page).
I also want to point out that there is little information available today that is tailored specifically toward smaller, or micro, businesses, such as: what they are, how to start them, and how to make money with them.
This is especially true for smaller physical businesses and home-based businesses, and I want to try and fill that void.
So, here is a brief outline and directory for the information contained on this website:
—What You Will Find Here—
Books have the power to change lives. Remember the old PBS “Reading Rainbow” theme song Take a look, it’s in a book?—That’s just as true today as it ever was.
I know that in this digital age fewer and fewer people like to read, but if you want to have a successful business you are going to have to read from time to time.
To start, I recommend you take a look at my “Primer Series” books. The books in this series are for people who are looking for the knowledge they need to start and run a successful business.
This “Primer Series” provides information on business basics that is difficult to find elsewhere, and are suitable for all small businesses.
You can get more information on these books in the R.H. column.
The 2016 Edition of “Business Survival Reality:The Shocking Truth About Business Births and Deaths in the U.S.” has just become available— For a free (no opt-in) copy of the latest edition, click here.
This special report is updated annually and depicts the most accurate data on: Business Births, Business Deaths, Annual Growth, and Current Census of Businesses. This is the only report that will provide this information all in one place.
Get your copy today here!
Also, be sure to check out my latest “Primer Series” book titled Entrepreneur!—Can I Be One?
Can I Be One?
Here is a brief description of what is in this book:
- Definition of an Entrepreneur
- Why be an Entrepreneur?
- Can just anybody be an Entrepreneur?
- The Entrepreneur Test
- The “Secret” to entrepreneurial success
- And much more….
For more detailed information on this book, click on the information page—here.
In addition to my own books, I’m including a list of recommended books I believe can be of the most help when starting and running a smaller small business.
I created a website – business-solutions-and-resources.com – for new and aspiring entrepreneurs that is packed with information on how to start a small business.
There is a lot to read on this website, but it can guide you through the maze of things you need to know about starting and running a successful small business.
In addition to the books I periodically publish, I suggest following my business blog – BizMaverickBlog.com – where I present new items and discussions that are of interest to the up-and-coming small business enterprise.
You can subscribe on my blog. I can assure you that I don’t post on my blog unless I feel I have something worthwhile to say— so I don’t post very often. That way I can promise not to stuff your inbox with meaningless drivel and inappropriate sales pitches.
Here are some to the things we are currently working on. Several of them will be released during 2016, and subscribers will be notified as they become available:
- A special report on “Business Ideas”—where they come from and how to select the best one for you. This report will include over 1,600 business ideas.
- An updated report on “Business Survival Reality.” This is a report that is updated annually showing the number of new businesses started in the prior year, as well as the number of business closures. The purpose of this report is to show what happens when you start a business willy-nilly without learning business basics—or properly preparing to start your business. NOTE: This report was just updated for 2016—with data for the year 2015. You can get the latest update here.
- A gathering together of business “Resources” that are valuable for new startups. These resources include those from government agencies, funding sources, software providers, and many more.
- A complete online course on “How to Start a Smaller Business.” This will be a combination of video and text, with checklists and handouts.
- The business-solutions…. website mentioned above is being entirely rewritten and streamlined for easier reading and with better access to needed information.
- And, of course, new books for small businesses will continue to be added.
So, that’s it for now… but since this is a resource site and not a blog, if you wish to be updated on new additions, I suggest you use the subscription box above, so you will receive notification of new information for your smaller-small business as it becomes available.
In the meantime, if you have a business question you can’t find an answer to, please send it to me on the “Contact” form and I will try to get an answer for you as quickly as I can.
Good luck and much success in all your endeavors.